I remember a time when the only mental association “holiday travel” brought to mind was that Santa-sighting report that airs on the radio every Christmas Eve. Alas, we’re grownups now. Grownups who have to sit in traffic, stall in airports, and crowd our ways onto trains.
If you’re doing that today–and feeling increasingly un-Christmassy towards the seatmate who WILL NOT STOP READING OVER YOUR SHOULDER–let these happy bits of entertainment news restore your sanity. And get you pumped for 2013.
1) There’s gonna be a mini Bored to Death reunion on Parks and Rec soon.
Jason Schwartzman will play a local video store owner who will get some help from Leslie Knope in keeping his little shop afloat. And, in a truly inspired choice: Jenny Slate will play Jean Ralphio’s brother. The likeness between Jenny and Ben Schwartz is undeniable (see above.) Are we absolutely sure they aren’t sibs in real life?
2) The This Is the End trailer is good (NSFW) stuff.
Danny McBride‘s voice makes me feel better always.
3) Rebel Wilson is a-gonna host the MTV Movie Awards!
Yeah she is! I would think that was a no-brainer after she stole the show with some uh, hairy antics at the VMAs.
4) For fans of oldies but goodies: Jimmy Fallon recreated the legendary “Who’s On First” bit with some huge, and I mean huge, guests last night.
5) And speaking of oldies but goodies… don’t everyone freak out, but Amanda Schull–aka the star of Center Stage–is coming to a TV near you.
Provided the pilot she was just cast in, Bryan Greenberg’s political drama, gets the greenlight, which it should automatically since did you hear me when I said Center. Stage. And Bryan. GREENBERG.
Margot Fonteyn didn’t have great feet.
What pop culture stuff scheduled for 2013 are you already getting psyched for?