All this teary talk of Nora Ephron (seriously, I’ve spent most of this day pinning her best quotes on Pinterest) has me thinking about chick flicks, and what we love about them.
Not many people can really nail the true-to-life rom-com like Nora did–but we’re a forgiving moviegoing bunch, I think, and more often than not, we excuse unrealistic behavior in romantic comedies.
Still, it has to be said, some of this stuff neva, eva happens–unless you tell me otherwise:
10. Answering the phone without saying hello, and hanging it up without saying goodbye. (This one goes for all people in movies.
9. Going bonkers over a bouquet. (Really. You might get that one outlier at a wedding who’s had six chardonnays and a wild look in her eye all night. But two of ’em?)
8. Having hair like this at the beach.
7. Looking this cute during workout time–and, while I’m at it, having full-on conversations during a run or a spin class. Are you kidding?
6. Living alone in fabulous apartments (often with roof decks) in super expensive cities.
5. Hanging out with a group of friends, at home, in your underwear. When your clothes are right in the other room. I think this one was invented for the boyfriends who get dragged along.
4. Having ri-diculously high-powered jobs, like, one year out of college. I distinctly remember being angry right there in the theater when I heard that Lindsay Lohan was some kind of hotshot PR exec inJust My Luck. In real life, she was 20 at the time. Of course, having paid to go and see Just My Luck in the theater, I had no one to blame but myself.
3. Being able to run in heels like these…
2. But then falling down for no reason in all other situations. So klutzy and kute!
1. Giving this exact response when asked on a date: “I’d like that.”
What would you add to this list? Any on here you think I’m wrong about?
More fun stuff…
10 MORE Things Girls Always Do in Movies and Never Do in Real Life
10 Things GUYS Always Do in Movies and Never Do in Real Life
18 Ways Bachelor Pad Is Just Like Prom
Chantal From Gallery Girls Is Totally Suri Cruise Grown Up
Where Are They Now: Bring It On
11 Movies Every Woman Should Watch
5 Things You Never Knew About Marilyn Monroe
6 Celebrity Couples You Had No Idea Existed
P.S. Want more Obsessed? Sign up for our awesome daily newsletter that features the latest celebrity gossip, TV news, hilarious Internet sensations, and more!